Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish Spring & Summer Collections Swatches and Review

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Today I have a swatch and review post that features color changing polishes by Ruby Wing. These polishes intensely alter color after only seconds in direct sunlight or UV rays (black light). Their photochromic color change occurs when the molecules are exposed to ultraviolet wavelengths and are sure to keep you looking at your nails in amazement!

Indoors
Outdoors

Peony: Indoors
Peony: Outdoors
Peony: "This perky shade of peach will brighten your day indoors, but once outside, this perky shade darkens to a crimson shade of red!" Here is 3 coats of Peony, no topcoat. She was a bit of a drag to apply & has some weird "rocks" in the formula. The spring colors are very lightly scented of fresh-cut grass. The indoors peach color is really a beautiful shade. Outside I got her to turn this fabulous melon-like color, love!

Crowd Surf: Indoors
Crowd Surf: Outdoors
 Crowd Surf: "For the benefit of nail polish, we don't recommend crowd surfing with this polish across your fingertips, even if the color change gets you that excited." Indoors Crowd Surf is an edgy neon purple. When exposed to the sun she turns a deep burgundy. For this one I used 2 coats & 1 coat of topcoat.

Meadow: Indoors
Meadow: Outdoors
Meadow: "A sheer, silver shade indoors, but a tantalizing bronze shade outdoors!" The foil formula of Meadow applied like butter with just 2 coats to reach full opacity (no topcoat). I loved the way this one looked indoors and out. So so luxe looking!

These polishes are pretty cool! It was a lot of fun to watch them change colors before my eyes. If you don't live here in sunny Florida, no worries! These beauties change outside even on cloudy days since uv rays penetrate through clouds. Ruby Wing polishes can be purchased here and retail for $10. With all of the nail polish trends right now color changing technology really gives us a way to get a good bang for your buck, don't you think? Which of these do you like most?
As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

**These polishes were sent to me for my honest review.**

5 comments:

  1. I. Love. Surf!!! I like them but i def like LOVE surf!!! Meadow comes in a close second tho. I know these would be awesome to stamp over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Where do find these? I don't own any and they look amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete