Thursday, April 12, 2012

Birthday Cake Inspired Mani

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I would love to send out a huge hug to you all for your sweet birthday wishes yesterday. It made me smile to read all of your lovely comments and I love that I got to share something special from my day with you. I am still so shocked and amazed at the Bettina Birthday Cake my husband got me for my birthday yesterday. So much so that I wanted to translate the custom color, which he created and appropriately named Birthday Girl, to my nails (well try to, at least).


Above is a piece of fondant from the cake (which cracked as I lifted it, oops!). It is a bit more purple than what my camera shows. I love that he gave the color some flair by adding iridescent glitter/sparkles to it. I took the picture half in the sun, half in the shade in an attempt to show you guys how it glistens. Isn't it pretty?! He told me that he took my bottle of Bettina Grape when he met with the designer. When she asked if that was the color he wanted the cake to be he said he wanted it to be a little more purple since Grape is a blue based and he wanted it to be more of my favorite color.


I began my manicure with a base of Essie Grow Faster followed by two coats of Bettina Grape. I layered a coat of an unnamed color by L.A. Colors. It is a clear base full of iridescent glitter. Once that dried, I stamped on the large heart design using Konad Special Stamping Polish in white and Red Angel image plate RA-110. Next I used plate M66 from BornPrettyStore to stamp on the word "love" and the random hearts. I decided on this design for the accent finger to symbolize how much I loved the cake! This manicure was topped off with a coat of Good To Go by Essie.



I seriously love this mani! Although my base color isn't the same as the custom color he created, it's pretty close. What do you all think of this manicure? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

14 comments:

  1. Wow, I've just seen the cake; that's amazing and oh so thoughtful! Love the manicure too :-)
    Belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love that you did it inspired by your cake :)
    I hope it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I am still amazed by the cake as well. Also, I think that L.A. Colors polish is Sassy Sparkle. They do have names. The company (for whatever reason) puts the name on the plastic package the polish comes in, rather than on the bottle itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the accent nail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome. I loved the cake and this is an amazing replica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that matches the cake perfectly. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!! Love the cake and this is an AWESOME translation to the cake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your translation is BRILLIANT!!!

    I have this LA Color Topcoat and never used it. Now I think I need to.
    Once again, your cake is beautiful, and your hubby is amazing.

    Love the mani and the accent finger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! You are a lucky woman hun..your husband is so sweet to of done this for you...I wish mine would think like yours :) Be thankful each day for what you have...never take what you have for granted :)
    Happy birthday too hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! You are a lucky woman hun..your husband is so sweet to of done this for you...I wish mine would think like yours :) Be thankful each day for what you have...never take what you have for granted :)
    Happy birthday too hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, and the cake rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am happy to nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Please check the link http://nailartbykelly.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty!!! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete